Email: alec.sipple@myldsmail.net

Send a free letter anytime at www.dearelder.com
*delivered through the pouch system

Saturday, August 9, 2014

20.......July 28, 2014

Feels so good to be twenty. Two decades of wisdom in me.

This week, I made garlic bread.
The dang 'enter' button on this keyboard is broken so every single dang time I hit it, it puts like five million miles between my sentences.
There it goes again, holy SMOKES.

Also, a prostitue threw me a birthday party. However, I didn't know she was a prostitute until later. And still, the prostitute claims aren't 100% confirmed. She's an exotic dancer at the least. But anyway, I met her when I got here. She is the friend of some of the converts of Elder Delgado, my companion who I still haven't introduced haha. Anyway, she told me she'd have us all over for my birthday and so obviously I accepted. NOTHING INAPPROPRIATE HAPPENED, dang, cool DOWN out there. But yeah...we ate some good hamburgers and cake. I'll send some pictures, don't you worry. She doesn't look like a prosty, okay? You wouldn't think that she is if you met her haha. ANYWAY.

We also made empanadas this week (for my birthday on Saturday) and rode home from church in a weird truck. Also, our P-Day was pretty rad. Spent a little time downtown, got taken out to lunch by one of the other elder's investigators, and went to Grido's for some ice cream. Real good stuff.

But yeah, not too much information about investigators because.........not many of them are real right now haha. Kind of arrived and we didn't have anything going on. A lot of rejection this week, but that's how it is. We just have to stay positive and go to work. "After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel." -Joseph Smith.
It's true; there are people out there waiting for the Gospel and we have been called to bring it to them. We can't let rejection or other minor things get in the way of our purpose and our duty that we have as missionaries and members of the church. Sometimes it's hard, and God knows that it's hard and that we will struggle, but he has put us where we are for a reason and will never give us trials, difficulties, hardships or burdens that are too difficult to endure, bear, or conquer. I know that this is true and that if we put all of our trust in the Lord, He will take care of the rest. I love you all so much and I wish beautiful blessings upon each and every one of your sweet, oily heads.

Love,
Elder Sipple

Hamburgers (the woman in question is on the left)
 A little burstday crake
 I guess there is a tradition here where you have to take a bite of the cake
 Call me the "Empanada Princess"

No comments:

Post a Comment