Email: alec.sipple@myldsmail.net

Send a free letter anytime at www.dearelder.com
*delivered through the pouch system

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

FORMOSA LA HERMOSA LA RECIBE..........July 21, 2014

Yeah, yaboii is in Formosa Capital!!!! I am finally in civilization! Transfers did me right, did me reeeeaaaalllllll nice. my area is Barrio Lujan. We live with the district leader and his companion. Our pension used to be where the branch in Lujan met on Sundays, but they combined with another branch to form a ward which is WHERE I'M CURRENTLY STATIONED. YEAH, A WARD. Holy smokes, I was in shock on Sunday. All three meetings, a bunch of members...it was delicious. We actually have lunch with members so that's good news for my health and for my wallet. Members are super downsies to help us out and everything. It's straight up heaven here, y'all. We have a decent shower and weights that are a little too heavy for ol' Elder "Noodle Arms" Sipple, but that's okay. They look way cool on the ground, too. It gives the illusion that we are strong. It's like a symbol of a dream that isn't really reachable right now. But yeah, weights. Also, still haven't gotten used to public breast-feeding. Do NOT know why that's a thing here. God bless the USA for that reason. During lessons people will just start up the feeding frenzy and it's super weird. But, así es la vida de los misioneros.

But dang, what else? Went into downtown Formosa today and it blew my dang MIND to be in an actual big city. I'm telling you, I thought I was at home or something. The only Argentina I knew was...way different haha. Now all were missing is the fast-food game, but hey, that's alright. It's really beautiful downtown. The river, el Rio Paraguay, I believe, is in the downtown area as well. Pictures to CRUMB! So that was righteous. I want to spend my whole mission here in Formosa Capital haha. We actually have decent stores. There is a store called Chango Mas which is owned by Wal-Mart so it has all of the Great Value brand stuff. They always have killer deals so we go to Shop So Hard University there. They also have a lot of the same clothes that Wal-Mart sells back home, which is nice. Might buy some corderoy pants for 20 bones, who knows. But, long story short, yaboii is in straight PARADISE right now.

Something cool is that we had a "Mini MTC" here on Saturday. Youth from all over Formosa came to do a little mini MTC and leave to work with the missionaries for a bit. President and Hermana Franco came so we got to hear from them and talk to them a bit. It was an awesome experience. It's awesome to see the love of the Gospel and the Church in the youth here. I have been thinking a lot about the youth and I'm excited to be able to work with a lot of them here in this ward. I know how important it is to start early; to develop an understanding of the Gospel and God's plan for us, the importance of our baptism and the potential that we are all capable of achieving. I wish that I had developed a love for the Gospel earlier in my life, but for that reason I am here sharing my experiences and the things that I have learned with the people in Argentina. I know that God has a plan for all of us and that we truly can become like Him. But anyway, I love you all and I hope that everything is going swimmingly out there in North America. And wherever else my loved ones might be. I love you!

Love,
Elder Sipple

P.S. My birthday is on the 23rd...
Yaboii in Formosa

A picture of me saying goodbye to Ezequiel and Julieta

Our cool second-story pension (look how cool the weights are)

                                              
A cool panoramic of the Paraguay River    
Elder "Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball" Sipple over here
Hotel Formosa...an actual nice building
The church here in my area

No comments:

Post a Comment