Email: alec.sipple@myldsmail.net

Send a free letter anytime at www.dearelder.com
*delivered through the pouch system

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 25, 2014 Greetings from Clorinda la linda!

Well, as I pressed the "compose" button and prepared to write my email, I realized that I had forgotten my journal back at the pension. The reason I needed my journal was because I wanted to share an entry with all of you. It was about a really neat experience we had with Pabla the other day. So, I will just save that for next time, I suppose.

So, as you all know, Elder Buckles is my new companion! We have been becoming really good friends and I'm super pumped that he wants to work as hard as I do. It has been a little tough for him being left in the wake of Elder Murphy, but he's all adjusted now and we're stoked for this transfer.

A little bit about some of our investigators: Our iluminado is la familia Sosa. The familia Sosa is a family of aboriginals and one of the sisters served a mission in Salta. They have all been inactive for a pretty long time, but the missionary, Cassilda, still has her testimony and wants to get all of the kids baptized and back into the church. Pretty much the entire family lives between two houses in the viviendas, which are like the houses from the government. There are a million kids running around back and forth so it's a little wild. Also, the aboriginals are really different from the other people. Spanish isn't their first language because they all have their different native languages. They are just a really slow and really socially different people. But, this family isn't as odd haha. Anyway, there are four sisters (the moms) in the family. We know three - Cassilda, Benjamina, and Ada. Cassilda doesn't have any kids. Benjamina has four and we have baptismal dates for two of them. One, Orlando, for this Saturday and the other, Sergio, for the 12th of April. We would do it sooner but we can't due to General Conference. Her other two kids are 19 and 20. They both said that they want to take the lessons from us and come to church. Their mom, Benjamina, has been inactive since she was 13, I believe. A little while ago, she had a dream (the aboriginals always have dreams) about two missionaries coming to her house. Then, Elder Murphy and I showed up. A little later, she had a dream about the Bible and the Book of Mormon being separate but one in purpose. They were liked stacked on top of each other or something. She has been going to an Evangelical church for a long time but is super down to come back to church. I think the reason that she has been going to the Evangelical church is because it's super close and our church is like 3 kilometers from her house. But, we walked with them the first Sunday and last Sunday, her boyfriend brought everyone on his scooter! Also, we are going to baptize the daughter of Ada, who is 9 years old and is named Analia. She is super excited about the church and remembers everything we teach her. We are super pumped for this family and their desires to come back to the church. When Cassilda walked in during sacrament meeting, the whole branch was so juiced haha. Juiced. Then after, they were all like, "Cassilda Sosa! It's been so long! So happy to see you!" SUPER awesome experience.

One other cool experience. Yesterday, we did an activity with the young men in the ward and the branch presidency. We went out on divisions and visted some of our less active members or investigators. I was with Junior and President Rojas. Junior is 15 and like the other young men in this branch, he is planning on serving a mission. The few young men in this branch are seriously so awesome. They are always up there during sacrament giving talks and sharing their testimonies (sometimes out of nevessity of the branch). They love talking with the missionaries and were so stoked to go on divisions. They were all taking selfies with us to post on Facebook hahaha. We visited the Perez family. They are an inactive family that I believe I have talked about before. Anyway, we brought with us Elder Holland's talk "Safety for the Soul." We shared that with them and talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Seriously, the Spirit was so incredibly strong in their house. We were testifying and laying down some sweet, sweet testimony. Also, Elder Holland's testimony brought the Spirit in with such power! It was amazing. Anyway, they were all super pumped about this activity and President really wants to work with us in our area because he knows a lot of the people there. We have been praying for an opportunity like this and our branch is finally getting things moving.

Not a whole lot else this week, just working and trying to bring souls unto Christ! I'm feeling pretty comfortable speaking Castellano and can pretty much communicate myself clearly. Obviously I have a lot of work to do, but it's nice finally being able to teach and talk with the people here and be myself. I can't believe that I'm almost at five months...yikes! Time flies, man.

I just want to take a quick second to say that I know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it has the power to change lives. I have seen people completely change their lives because of this book. I'm so eternally grateful that I have had the privilege of being born into the Church. Serving a mission and giving two years of my life to the Lord and His children is the least that I can do to show my gratitude. The things that I have felt in my heart over the past few months have changed me. I know that God has called a prophet in these latter days and that we have the power of the priesthood here on the earth to bless the lives of others. I know that the Lord loves all of us and has provided us with a way to live with our families forever in peace and happiness. I know that we are never alone in this life. Heavenly Father wants to bless us...we just need to open the door for him.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. However small they may be, they help. Everything is de diez here in Clorinda. No near-death experiences, sadly! I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Sipple


                                                                        Pictures

Had a righteous chicken lunch today
 So during our zone meeting, an investigator of some of the other Elders brought us some BAKED GOODS. Little did she know, "Baked Goods" is my middle name. Anyway, she loves the missionaries so much and wanted to bake for all of us. She brought us donuts, cookies, brownies, and cinnamon rolls! The cinnamon rolls were straight up like the States. She speaks English, too! She learned from the TV, then studied it, then taught it haha. She also loves YouTube. Super awesome lady.

Me and La Beach with Maria

 Never met a spider that I've liked
 Cool picture after some heavy rainzz

No comments:

Post a Comment