Email: alec.sipple@myldsmail.net

Send a free letter anytime at www.dearelder.com
*delivered through the pouch system

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hola, familia!                                                                                                            Novemver 7, 2013

                I feel like I’ve been here forever, it’s totally weird. My brain still hasn’t registered that I’ll be gone for two years and that I won’t see you guys for two years. But I haven’t cried yet, so that’s definitely a  good thing haha. The Spirit has been awesome! I love learning Spanish. It’s so funny to hear people try to speak without an accent. There’s an elder that wears a retainer on the roof of his mouth so his Spanish is hilarious. I love his pronunciations. Today he said “estamos,” but said it in a way that rhymes with “Eskimos.” Classic!
                I am currently in Raintree (apartments). It’s me and my companion and two other elders. All really cool guys. I am so happy to be here. I haven’t felt homesick (although I’m sure I will), but I keep wanting to tweet the deets haha. But not having a phone is soooooo great! My (Spanish) accent is good, so thank you, mis padres. I can understand most of what teachers say, but responding is not my cup of juice. It’s seriously like Spanish immersion. Kind of frustrating!
                I feel that this is where I’m supposed to be. There is just a great feeling here at the MTC, and I can’t wait to get further into my mission. I love all of you so much. I hope that all is well, although I can’t imagine anything out of the ordinary has happened in the 23 hours I’ve been gone haha.
                Well, my hand hurts.* Stay safe and study hard, pray hard, and believe hard. Have faith. I love you!

Peace & blessings,
Elder Sipple


*This was a handwritten letter.  ~Suzette

No comments:

Post a Comment